Internet lead generation is a big business internationally but in India its value is still to be realized. Having worked in couple of lead generation companies I have seen most of people complaining about the quality of lead generated by internet medium but compared to any other medium it still is your best bet. A research by Leadqual backed by MIT has some very good answers why your lead might not convert well
- Prospective buyers fill out 3-5 lead forms (especially true of those coming from Google campaigns)
- The first to contact a lead increases conversion 238%
- More than 65% of all conversions occur on first call
- Calling a lead more than 5 minutes after a lead is submitted has a 46% lower qualification rate than calling in less than 5 minutes.
- Speed of response is the best predictor of a closed transaction
- Enormous opportunity exists for after-hour and weekend calling when most companies are not staffed for a rapid response
So the key is time taken to respond to a lead created in your system. Here is a whitepaper by Leadqual on the same subject