Internet in India Statistics based on Census
I have seen through number of self proclaimed hyped reports on number of internet users in India and putting that number as high as 100 ...
- According Census 2011 of India there are 15.54 Million households (6.3% of total population) in India who have computer/laptops in their homes.
- However Only 7.6 Million households (3.1% of total population) have laptops/ computers with internet.
- Maharashtra is the biggest Indian Internet market with 18% of Total Internet households followed by Tamil Nadu with 10%, Karnataka 8.27% , U.P (Noida inclusive) 8.18%, Delhi 7.68% and Andhra Pradesh with 7.15%.
- Delhi/NCR inclusive of Noida and Gurgaon would however have much higher numbers.
- Facebook allows you to target 45.82 Million users in India
- Google's Adwords says that it has a reach of 14.5 Million users through Search in India
- Number of Active users per month as per Google's Ad Planner is 30.7 Million
- However as per IAMAI total internet users in India is 100 Million and as per Comscore it is close to 50 Million.
- 63 % of Indians own a Telephone connection.
- 47.2 % of Indians own a Television
- 19.9 % of Indians own a Radio/Transistors
India Internet Statistics 2012
- India has 7.6 Million Households having internet
- 13.42 Million broadband connections (Home + Offices ) combined.
- Maximum targettable audience using one site in India is Facebook with 45.82 Million
- Active user base per month in India is close to 30 Million mark which is still a pretty large market but not as big as portrayed by some consultants.